Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Sunflower County, Mississippi
The summary for the Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Sunflower County, Mississippi grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Sunflower County, Mississippi: Through this announcement, the Administration for Children and Families solicits applications from public or private non-profit organizations, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit organizations that seek to provide a high-quality, comprehensive birth-to-five program incorporating both Head Start and Early Head Start funding, or to provide for Head Start only or Early Head Start only, to children and families residing in Sunflower County, MS. Funds in the amount of $4,633,382 annually will be available to provide Head Start and/or Early Head Start program services to eligible children and their families. Interested applicants may email the OHS Operations Center at OHS@headstartgrants.org for additional information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Sunflower County, Mississippi|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACF-OHS-CH-R04-0362|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Head Start|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 02, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 02, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 01, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Feb 01, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 03, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,633,382|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,633,382|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- It is important to note that the eligibility requirements are different for Head Start and Early Head Start. More information will be provided in the funding opportunity announcement. Entities applying for Head Start only - OR - both Head Start and Early Head Start: Eligible applicants are limited to local public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or local for-profit agencies, pursuant to Section 641(a)(1) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. § 9836(a)(1) in the service area, that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the statutory requirement for designation as a Head Start and/or Early Head Start agency as defined in the Head Start Act. Entities applying for Early Head Start only: Eligible applicants are any public or private non-profit agency, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit agencies pursuant to Section 645A(d) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. § 9840A(d). Eligibility is limited to public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or for-profit organizations in the service area that can provide Early Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area. Entities operating Head Start programs are eligible to operate Early Head Start programs. Faith-based and community organizations that meet eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • American Indian/Alaska Native (AIAN) Head Start and/or Early Head Start Expansion
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Expansion - Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Ge...
- • Migrant and Seasonal Head Start (MSHS) Expansion
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Hood River, Wasco, and Jefferson Counties, O...
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- The Cities of Meriden, Wallingford, Southing...
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants