Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
The summary for the Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities: Under this program, grants will be awarded to address significant disparities in perinatal health indicators: Eliminating Disparities In Perinatal Health focuses on disparities among Hispanics, Americans Indians, African Americans, Alaska Natives, Asian/Pacific Islanders, Immigrant Populations, or differences occurring by education, income, disability, or living in rural/isolated areas by enhancing a communitys service system. Communities must provide a scope of project services that will cover pregnancy and interconceptional phases for women and infants residing in the proposed project area. Services are to be given to both mother and infant for two years following delivery to promote longer interconceptional periods and prevent relapses of unhealthy risk behaviors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-013|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Healthy Start Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Application deadline dates are: 8/30/2005 5:00:00|
|Posted Date:||Dec 13, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 13, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$82,165,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||77|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any public or private entity, including an Indian tribe or tribal organization (as defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b) is eligible to apply. Funding would be made available to community-based (and faith-based) projects which have: 1) significant disparities in perinatal indicators which contribute to high infant mortality rates, among one or more subpopulations; 2) an existing active consortia of stakeholders which have underway a perinatal disparity reduction initiative or a plan to establish one; and, 3) a feasible plan to reduce barriers, improve the local perinatal system of care, and work towards eliminating existing disparities in perinatal health. These sites must have or plan to implement/adapt Healthy Start strategies of consortium, case management, and outreach services in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner. In addition, they must submit documentation of collaboration with the State Title V agency. Applicants must demonstrate existi! ng/planned collaborations with other key State and local services and resources systems. Such key State and local resources include Title X, Title XIX, Title XXI, WIC, Enterprise Communities/Empowerment Zones, federally funded Community and Migrant Health Centers, federally funded Health Care for the Homeless projects, and Indian/Tribal Health Services.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Worrell, Mary, Program Analyst, Phone 301-443-5181, Fax 301-443-5461, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Worrell, Mary
- Similar Government Grants
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- • Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care