High Tunnel Systems Implementation and Use
The summary for the High Tunnel Systems Implementation and Use grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
High Tunnel Systems Implementation and Use: NRCS, an agency under the USDA, in the South Carolina is responsible for implementing the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP). Under this program, NRCS enters into contracts with farmers, ranchers, and/or forestry producers to implement specific conservation practices to address identified resource concerns. ln South Carolina, High Tunnel Systems are installed to extend the growing season for producers and increase access to local foods. In addition, NRCS is responsible for providing technical assistance to producers addressing this resource concern. NRCS is seeking assistance to provide additional technical assistance to these High Tunnel System participants for installation and management. This assistance must be provided in two main objectives. First, to provide landowners with technical assistance for installation of High Tunnel Systems. Second, to provide workshops or similar events to educate participants on the long-term management of the system including: irrigation water management, nutrient management, pest management, marketing local foods, and business tools. NRCS has $100,000 available for a 2-year agreement with a qualify local or state government entity or any nongovernment organization who has the common goal of helping people conserve, maintain, and improve our natural resources and environment. Proposals are requested from Federally recognized tribal governments, State and local units of government, non-governmental organizations, and institutions of higher learning for competitive consideration of grant or agreement awards for projects 2 years in duration. This notice identifies the objectives, eligibility criteria, and application instructions for projects. Proposals will be screened for completeness and compliance with the provisions of this notice. Incomplete and/or noncompliant proposals will be eliminated from competition, and notification of elimination will be sent to the applicant.
|Federal Grant Title:||High Tunnel Systems Implementation and Use|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-EQIP-SC-18-06|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 23rd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 23rd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 14th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 23rd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- South Carolina NRCS website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- George Wilson
Grants Management Specialist
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Progra...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS's Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCP...
- • Farm Bill Implementation Assistance in Oregon
- • Maryland Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Partnerships to provide direct technical services