Higher Education Challenge Grant
The summary for the Higher Education Challenge Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Higher Education Challenge Grant: Projects supported by the Higher Education Challenge Grants Program will: (1) address a State, regional, national, or international educational need; (2) involve a creative or non-traditional approach toward addressing that need that can serve as a model to others; (3) encourage and facilitate better working relationships in the university science and education community, as well as between universities and the private sector, to enhance program quality and supplement available resources; and (4) result in benefits that will likely transcend the project duration and USDA support.
|Federal Grant Title:||Higher Education Challenge Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Agriculture Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-CGP-001075|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Higher Education Challenge Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 01, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Oct 12, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 12, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- a) U.S. public or private, nonprofit colleges/universities offering baccalaureate or 1st professional degree in at least one discipline/area of food & agricultural sciences; b) land-grant colleges/universities (including those in Insular Areas); c) colleges/universities having significant minority enrollments & demonstrable capacity to teach food & agricultural sciences; and d) colleges/universities having demonstrable capacity to teach food & agricultural sciences.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays firstname.lastname@example.org For questions regarding this RFA.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Higher Education Challenge Grants Program
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects