Illinois Component Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)
The summary for the Illinois Component Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NRCS Illinois State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Illinois Component Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG): The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies, while leveraging the Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches (such as market-based systems) into NRCS policy, technical manuals, guides, and references or to the private sector. CIG does not fund research projects. Projects intended to formulate hypothesis do not qualify. CIG is to apply proven technology which has been shown to work previously. It is a vehicle to stimulate the development and adoption of conservation approaches or technologies that have been studied sufficiently to indicate a likelihood of success, and to be candidates for eventual technology transfer or institutionalization. CIG promotes sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, and facilities among communities, governments, and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users. CIG funds projects targeting innovative on-the-ground conservation, including pilot projects and field demonstrations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Illinois Component Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)|
|Federal Agency Name:||NRCS Illinois State Office|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Community Development Energy Environment Food and Nutrition Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-IL-11-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 28, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 28, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jan 14, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 14, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Feb 28, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$550,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Illinois NRCS will accept applications for single or multiple year projects not to exceed three years. Eligible entities include individuals, State and local units of government, non-governmental organizations, and federally recognized American Indian Tribes from all US States and territories. Although applications will be accepted from all of the aforementioned states and territories, the projects must be on lands located completely within the State of Illinois and must specifically benefit Illinois agriculture and the natural resources of Illinois.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Heath Isome Contract Specialist Phone 217-353-6617
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services