Improving Nutrition in Tanzania
The summary for the Improving Nutrition in Tanzania grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Nutrition in Tanzania: This RFA describes what will be the main nutrition program funded by USAID/Tanzania between 2011-2016 and will directly support the objectives and implementation of the GOTs NNS, as well as the nutrition component of the CAADP/TAFSIP. The program will emphasize strengthening the capacity of Tanzanian systems at all levels and across sectors to provide critical nutrition services and education. It will also embrace an implementation research approach and a robust learning-by-doing agenda that will contribute to the future scaling up of nutrition programs and services across the entire country. The overall goal of the program is to improve the nutritional status of children and pregnant and lactating women in Tanzania. The programs objectives are: - To reduce the prevalence of low height for age (stunting) among children under-five years of age by 20% over the next 5 years in target regions. - To reduce maternal anemia (as measured by blood haemoglobin concentration) by 20% over the next 5 years in target regions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Nutrition in Tanzania|
|Federal Agency Name:||Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAID-TANZANIA-11-005-RFA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 22, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 22, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 12, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 13, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 22, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$35,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$35,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$35,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- For profit and not for profit organizations, excluding governments and government owned institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Samuel Kiranga Grantor Phone 2668503
Aquisition Specialist [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam
- • Request for Information - USAID/Tanzania Community Social Welfare System Strengthening Pro...
- • Resilient Natural Resources Governance
- • Sustainable Access for Expanded Voluntary Medical Male circumcision (VMMC) Services (SAFE)
- • Women's Empowerment Activity
- • Tanzania Improved Nutrition for Better Life