Informatics, Coordination and Service Center for the Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Centers (U42)
The summary for the Informatics, Coordination and Service Center for the Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Centers (U42) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Informatics, Coordination and Service Center for the Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Centers (U42): Purpose. The goal of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Center of Research Resources (NCRR), National Institutes of Health, is to solicit applications from institutions/organizations to establish and further develop and implement the Informatics, Coordination and Service Center (ICSC) component of the Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Center (MMRRC) program. This ICSC component will replace the functions of the contract-supported mutant mouse informatics coordinating center at The Jackson Laboratory (JAX), Bar Harbor, ME. That center is expected to close August 31, 2010. The newly established ICSC is expected to provide informatics and coordinating services to the centers of the MMRRC and biomedical researchers. These services include maintenance and further development of a public website portal and Customer Service Center, to facilitate interactions with biomedical investigators, Informatics services, database activities, an archive of MMRRC documents and files, and coordination of requests to donate mouse strains to the MMRRC and order mouse strains from the MMRRC. Moreover, the ICSC will actively participate in the monthly teleconference, annual consortium meeting, and coordinate the acquisition and distribution of strains. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the U42 Cooperative Agreement (Animal Models, and Animal and Biological Material Resource Cooperative Agreement) grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. A total of up to $650K in Direct Cost is available, contingent on the availability of funds. It is anticipated that one (1) new award will be made contingent on the availability of funds and the submission of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Informatics, Coordination and Service Center for the Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Centers (U42)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RR-10-006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...