Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals
The summary for the Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the National Coordinator, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals: The purpose of this expansion supplement is to create learning resources for use by community colleges, and other institutes of higher education offering health informatics education programs that support the criteria described above. Funding will be made available under this grant opportunity to expand one Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals cooperative agreement to include the development of:● Higher education learning resources on Meaningful Use criteria, team based care, patient-centered medical home, continuous quality improvement, and the use of data to support a transformed system using technologies such as simulation, distance learning and virtual worlds ● Higher education learning resources on team based care and continuous quality improvement programs that help students operate effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary team assisting providers in the health care environment● Virtual resources that support built in milestones of knowledge acquisition and provide opportunities for either remediation or assessment, with the goal of the assessments to gauge the learner's ability to synthesize and apply what they have learned in a contextual, real world setting. The goal is to ensure the learning resources are effective and provide the requisite training for students to function in a health care environment and also test critical thinking in real life scenarios.The competencies to be attained by persons using these training resources allow them to function in a complex healthcare environment and use Health IT optimally to support high quality, safe and effective patient care. The learning resources developed through this funding will serve as a model for future development of such resources. Material developed through this funding will be made publicly available at the end of the project period.
|Federal Grant Title:||Information Technology Professionals in Health Care: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the National Coordinator|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||WP-CC-12-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||ARRA - Health Information Technology Professionals in Health Care|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Posted Date:||May 31, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 01, 2012|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$735,778|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only existing "lead applicant" awardees in the "Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Professionals" cooperative agreement program will be eligible for this limited competition. Interested lead applicants will be required to submit applications by June 29, 2012.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Bianca Costa Grants Management Officer
- Similar Government Grants
- • Workforce Training to Educate Health Care Professionals in Health Information Technology
- • University-Based Training of Health Information Technology Professionals
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Information Technology Professionals in He...
- • Opportunity FOA-OC-HIT-10-001
- • Recovery Act: Community College Consortia to Educate Health Information Technology Profess...
- More Grants from the Office of the National Coordinator
- • Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) USA Cooperative Agreement Program
- • Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement - Recognized Coordinating Entity (RCE) Coo...
- • Enhancing the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes Standard to Support U.S. Int...
- • Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health Information Technology
- • TEST