Integrated Organic Program
The summary for the Integrated Organic Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated Organic Program: The Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES) requests applications for the Integrated Organic Program for fiscal year (FY) 2007 to solve critical organic agriculture issues, priorities, or problems through the integration of research, education, and extension activities in two program areas: (1) Organic Transitions Program (ORG); and (2) Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI). ORG funds the development and implementation of research, extension and higher education programs to improve the competitiveness of organic producers. OREI funds research and extension programs that enhance the ability of producers and processors who have already adopted organic standards to grow and market high quality organic food, feed, and fiber.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated Organic Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Environment Natural Resources Agriculture|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-ICGP-000247|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Integrated Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 18, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Oct 19, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 22, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Individuals Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This program has 2 areas -- Organic Transitions (ORG) and Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI). Each has different eligibility requirements. For ORG, applications may be submitted by colleges and universities (as defined in Section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103). For purposes of ORG, the terms "college" and "university" mean an educational institution in any State that (1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate, from a school providing secondary education; (2) is legally authorized within such State to provide a program of education beyond secondary education; (3) provides an educational program for which a bachelor's degree or any other higher degree is awarded; (4) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and (5) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. Applications also may be submitted by 1994 Land-Grant Institutions. For OREI, applications may be submitted by State agricultural experiment stations, all colleges and universities, other research institutions and organizations, Federal agencies, national laboratories, private organizations or corporations, and individuals.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kathy Kimble-Day
Phone 202-401-4420 firstname.lastname@example.org For questions regarding this RFA.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Methyl Bromide Transition Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program – Organic T...
- • Organic Transitions
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Integrated Pest...
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects