Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho
The summary for the Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the South Africa USAID Pretoria, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho: USAID/Southern Africa is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement to fund the implementation of the Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) (which translates as ‘a solution to good health') in Lesotho. It is a five-year Activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. The strategic objective supports Government of Lesotho (GOL) multi-sector strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW, addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive sexual reproductive health (SRH) services to prevent new infections. This Activity will contribute to the shared priority of the GOL and the United States Government (USG) to significantly reduce the number of new HIV infections in Lesotho by 2020 and beyond. The KB Activity will contribute to Development Objective 2 (“Reduced impact of HIV/AIDS on the region”) of the USAID/Southern Africa Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS). The KB Activity will contribute to achievement of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals by strengthening community platforms to engage with, and support the devolution and scale up of, clinical services at the local level. The KB Activity will be implemented in all the ten districts of Lesotho, which are also PEPFAR priority areas and will coordinate closely in these areas with existing services funded by the GOL, PEPFAR and other development partners.
|Federal Grant Title:||Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho|
|Federal Agency Name:||South Africa USAID Pretoria (USAID-SAF)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||72067419RFA00005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 18th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 18th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 13th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 13th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$35,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 13th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility for this award is limited to any local (Lesotho) and South African non-governmental (including, but not limited to, Private Voluntary Organizations (PVOs), universities and for-profit entities) or public international organization.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jackie Ramanitrera
Sr. Acquisition and Assistance Spec
Senior Regional Acquisition and Assistance Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the South Africa USAID Pretoria
- • USAID/Namibia Key Populations - Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response for Sustai...
- • Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE)...
- • Local Partnerships for the Transformation of Water Annual Program Statement
- • Request for Information for USAID/Namibia Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response ...
- • Innovating for HIV Impact: The South African HIV Innovations Accelerator