Legal Assistance Enhancement Program
The summary for the Legal Assistance Enhancement Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Legal Assistance Enhancement Program: This funding opportunity is designed to enable legal assistance networks, including Older Americans Act-funded programs, in strengthening and enhancing legal assistance programs to older Americans with economic and social need. Cooperative agreements under this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), Legal Assistance Enhancement Program (LAEP), will be dedicated to identifying and executing enhancements and innovations that improve the quality, effectiveness, accessibility, and availability of legal assistance offered to older Americans, consistent with the fundamental principles of the Administration for Community Living (ACL). Enhancements made through this funding opportunity will support quantifiable and sustainable improvements to the delivery of a full-range of legal assistance, from legal advice through representation to older adults.
|Federal Grant Title:||Legal Assistance Enhancement Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-ACL-AOA-LAEP-0344|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 29th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 29th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 29th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 19th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Domestic public or private non-profit entities including state and local governments, Indian tribal governments and organizations (American Indian/Alaskan Native/Native American), faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, hospitals and institutions of higher education. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eva LaManna
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Volunteer Care Corps
- • Innovations in Nutrition Programs and Services
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Promoting Aging In Place by Enhancing Access to Home Modifications
- • Strengthening the Financial Literacy & Preparedness of Family Caregivers
- • Aging In Place Initiative, Denver, Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service - Sarasota,FL
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern Arizona, Inc. - Tucson,AZ
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Funding for Older Americans Act Title VI Native American Programs
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Independent Living Transit...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant