Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03)
The summary for the Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03): The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) announces a program that provides NIAMS-supported K08 and K23 recipients the opportunity to apply for Small Grant (R03) support at some point during the second to fourth year of their K award. Through this FOA, the NIAMS is seeking to enhance the capability of its clinical scientists to conduct research as they complete their transition to fully independent investigator status. The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects, including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology. The R03 is, therefore, intended to support research projects that can be carried out in a short period of time with limited resources and that provide preliminary data to support a subsequent R01, or equivalent, application. Clinical trials of any phase will not be supported by this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-257|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2022|
|Posted Date:||April 17th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 17th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 29th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 17th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Small Business Innovation Research on Rare Musculoskeletal, Rheumatic and Skin Diseases (S...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Supplements to Advance Research (STAR) from Projects to Programs (Admin Supp)- Clinical Tr...
- • Pre-Application: Research Innovation for Scientific Knowledge (RISK) for Musculoskeletal D...
- • Collaborative Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Science Award (Camssa)
- • Niams Small Grant Program for New Investigators
- • Skin Diseases Research Core Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...