Limited Competition: Specific pathogen free macaque colonies (U42)
The summary for the Limited Competition: Specific pathogen free macaque colonies (U42) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: Specific pathogen free macaque colonies (U42): The purpose of this FOA is to provide continuing support for specific pathogen free (SPF) macaque colonies previously funded under the auspices of RFA-RR-00-004 (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-RR-00-004.html). SPF macaques are free of certain viruses that can compromise the results of AIDS-related investigations or that provide a risk to personnel who handle the animals. Applicants must provide plans for: a) maintaining the SPF colonies, minimally at current levels; b) distributing animals to AIDS researchers, with first priority to NIH funded investigators; c) assaying for the presence of specific viruses; d) typing animals for specific major histocompatibility complex loci; and e) financing colony operations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: Specific pathogen free macaque colonies (U42)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-11-116|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2014|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...