Marine Turtle Conservation Fund
The summary for the Marine Turtle Conservation Fund grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Marine Turtle Conservation Fund: The Marine Turtle Conservation Fund is soliciting proposals for the conservation of marine turtles (Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta, Dermochelys coriacea, Eretmochelys imbricata, Lepidochelys olivacea, Lepidochelys kempii) throughout their range outside of the United States and its territories. The U.S. Government enacted the Marine Turtle Conservation Act (MTCA) of 2004 in response to the decline of many marine turtle populations worldwide and the serious threats to their long-term survival. The primary purpose of the Act is to provide financial support for projects that conserve nesting populations and habitat and address other threats to the survival of marine turtles in foreign countries. The goal of this program is to reduce threats to marine turtles in their natural habitat. Proposals should identify specific conservation actions that have a high likelihood of creating lasting benefits. Project activities that emphasize data collection and status assessment should describe a direct link to management action, and explain how lack of information has been a key limiting factor for management action in the past. Proposals that do not identify how actions will reduce threats or that do not demonstrate a strong link between data collection and management action will be disqualified. Proposed project work should occur within the species range, outside of the United States. If work is to be conducted outside of the species range, the proposal should show a clear relevance to its conservation. To the extent that it provides clear, direct support for the program objectives above, proposed work may also relate to climate change adaptation, mitigation and education.
|Federal Grant Title:||Marine Turtle Conservation Fund|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Environment Natural Resources Other Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F16AS00378|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 2nd, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 2nd, 2016|
|Posted Date:||August 2nd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||August 2nd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||October 4th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||40|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 2nd, 2016|
- Category Explanation
- Wildlife Conservation - proposed project work should occur within the species range, outside of the United States. If work is to be conducted outside of the species range, the proposal should show a clear relevance to its conservation.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Forrest Miller 703-358-2259
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fws-Dic-Mscf-Mt2012
- • Marine Turtle Conservation Fund 2011
- • Fws-Dic-Mscf-Mt2012
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)