Mathematics Cognition and Specific Learning Disabilities
The summary for the Mathematics Cognition and Specific Learning Disabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mathematics Cognition and Specific Learning Disabilities: The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), in partnership with the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS), U.S. Department of Education, invites innovative research grant applications designed to contribute new knowledge in the area of mathematical cognition and learning, with a focus on: (1) normal development of mathematical proficiency (e.g., in basic calculation skills, mathematical conceptual understanding, comprehension, reasoning, procedural fluency, and strategic competence); (2) individual differences that moderate the development of mathematical proficiency (e.g., gender, ethnic or cultural factors, socio-economic status, personality, cognitive style); (3) specific learning disabilities in mathematics, including definitional elements, classification, epidemiology, preventive strategies, early intervention, etiology, diagnosis, and treatment; and (4) combinations and relationships among these. The topical domains of interest under the rubric of mathematical learning include, but are not limited to, basic calculation skills, mathematical conceptual understanding, comprehension, reasoning, procedural fluency, and strategic competence. Of particular importance for this RFA is the discovery of cognitive, perceptual, behavioral, genetic, hormonal, and neurobiological mechanisms that are influential in the expression of learning abilities, individual difference factors, and specific learning disabilities in mathematics, as well as predictors of success and failure, along with the development of preventive and treatment approaches to ameliorate specific learning disabilities in mathematics. This RFA will result in grants supporting multidisciplinary, integrated, coordinated programs of research (P01) and individual, possibly multi-site, multidisciplinary research project grants (R01). The funded investigators will become part of a Mathematics Learning and Specific Learning Disabilities Research Network.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mathematics Cognition and Specific Learning Disabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-02-031|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Dec 22, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 27, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 27, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...