Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity: Coordinating Center (U24)
The summary for the Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity: Coordinating Center (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity: Coordinating Center (U24): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer MoonshotSM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to create a U24 Coordinating Center that will integrate and facilitate trans-disciplinary research across the Drug Resistance and Sensitivity Centers (DRSCs), established under an earlier released RFA-CA-17-009 for U54 specialized centers. The DRSCs are designed to target the following area designated as a scientific priority by the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP): Establish a network of multi-disciplinary research teams to study mechanisms of tumor resistance and sensitivity and develop innovative anti-cancer therapy strategies. The Coordinating Center to be established under this FOA will facilitate the activities of the DRSCs and help integrate the results of their studies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity: Coordinating Center (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-17-044|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.353, 93.394, 93.395|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||October 20th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||October 20th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 10th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 20th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...