Medical Student Education Program
The summary for the Medical Student Education Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Medical Student Education Program: The purpose of the MSE Program is to provide grants to public institutions of higher education to expand or support graduate education for medical students preparing to become physicians in the top quintile of states with a projected primary care provider shortage in 2025.2 The program is designed to prepare and encourage medical students training in the most underserved states to choose residencies and careers in primary care that serve tribal communities, rural communities, and/or medically underserved communities (MUCs) after they graduate. This will be accomplished by supporting the development of medical school curricula, clinical training site partnerships, and faculty training programs, with the goal of educating medical students who are likely to choose career paths in primary care, especially for tribal communities, rural communities, and/or MUCs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Medical Student Education Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-19-101|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 15th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 15th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||August 13th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$23,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 15th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The MSE Program's authorization requires the Secretary to give priority to public institutions of higher education located in States with a projected primary care provider shortage in 2025, as determined by the Secretary, and awards are limited to such public institutions of higher education in the top quintile of States with a projected primary care provider shortage in 2025.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Anthony Anyanwu at (301)443-8437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care