Medications Development for Substance Related Disorders (R01)
The summary for the Medications Development for Substance Related Disorders (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Medications Development for Substance Related Disorders (R01): Purpose. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is soliciting grant (R01) applications to support a diverse array of preclinical and/or clinical research projects that accelerate the translational discovery/development of safe and effective medications for the treatment of substance-related disorders (SRDs), with the ultimate goal of moving closer to, or gaining FDA approval of medications for the treatment of these disorders. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R01 award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. It is anticipated that a total of 10 awards will be funded for a total of $10,000,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||Medications Development for Substance Related Disorders (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DA-10-018|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jan 25, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study Biospecimen Access (X01)
- • New Models of Integrated HIV/AIDS, Addiction, and Primary Care Services (R01 Clinical Tria...
- • New Models of Integrated HIV/AIDS, Addiction, and Primary Care Services (R34 - Clinical Tr...
- • NIDA Core "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P30 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Using Human Cell Animal Chimera Brains to Study HIV Latency and Pathology R01 - Clinical T...
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...