Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
The summary for the Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome: The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) invites proposals to develop new insight into the role of microbes in human oral health and disease through research on the total oral microbial community (microbiome) using metagenomic approaches built upon recent developments in DNA sequencing, gene assembly and bioinformatics. The ultimate goal is to completely characterize all microbes and their genes in the oral environment. To this end, we are soliciting projects that will analyze the genomes of both cultivatable and uncultivable bacteria, archaea, viruses, fungi and parasites. Applicants will be expected to work with state-of-the-science genomic sequencing centers and bioinformatics groups to sequence and annotate all microbes in the oral cavity under conditions of health and disease.
|Federal Grant Title:||Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-131|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) State governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education City or township governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses County governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...
- • Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancers for Years 2021, 2022...
- • HEAL Initiative: Non-addictive Analgesic Therapeutics Development [Small Molecules and Bio...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Novel Biosensing for Screening, Diagnosis and Monitoring of COV...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Screening for COVID-19 by Electronic-Nose Technology (SCENT) (U...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- • NIDCR Exploratory and Developmental Grants in Clinical Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...