Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program
The summary for the Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program: As authorized under the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956, as amended, 16 U.S.C. 742A-754; Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act of 1958, 16 U.S.C. 661-667(e); Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 16 U.S.C. 2901-2911; and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, 16 U.S.C. 709a, USFWS Region 3 Division of Migratory Birds solicits proposals for its Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program. This program provides grants for the conservation of birds that are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act but not Federally-listed as Endangered or Threatened under the Endangered Species Act. Proposals should address projects in the geographic area that includes USFWS Region 3 (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin); non-breeding season areas important for birds breeding in Region 3 states; or broad-scale actions that will have tangible benefits that include birds in these states. This grant program is listed in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance under CFDA 15.647 Migratory Bird Conservation.This grant program was created in the late 1980s. Funding available for the program fluctuates annually because it is derived from discretionary funds within the USFWSâ¿¿s Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Programâ¿¿s annual budget and those funds are subject to varying levels of Congressional appropriations and are affected by other program needs.To focus conservation on the highest priority issues with the greatest probability of making a difference for birds, the Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program operates under the USFWS business model known as Strategic Habitat Conservation (SHC). SHC integrates biological planning, landscape design, conservation delivery, and monitoring and evaluation in a way that generates adaptive feedback that enables sound decisions and constantly improves our efficiency and effectiveness in conserving birds.
|Federal Grant Title:||Midwest Migratory Bird Conservation Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00096|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||March 29th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||March 29th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||June 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$180,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 29th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Fiscal Branch Chief Donna Zanger 612-713-5462
- Similar Government Grants
- • Minnesota Breeding Trumpeter Swan Survey
- • Department of the Interior, United States (U.S.) Fish and Wildlife Service, [Region 3 Divi...
- • Region 3 Migratory Birds
- • Bird Conservation in the Upper Midwest
- • Capture, marking, & survey of eagles & other raptors in USFWS Region 6
- • Migratory Bird Conservation in the Upper Midwest
- • Rusty Blackbird Survey
- • Opportunity FWS-09-MB-647-001
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)