Mineral Resources External Research Program
The summary for the Mineral Resources External Research Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Branch of Acquisition Grants, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mineral Resources External Research Program: The Mineral Resources Program (MRP) of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) is offering a grant and/or cooperative agreement opportunity to organizations that have the ability to conduct research in topics that meet the goals of the Mineral Resources Program. The goals of the Mineral Resources Program, as described in the MRP five-year plan for FY 1999-2004, are as follows: 1. Understand the geologic setting and genesis of the Nation?s mineral resources in a global context, in order to ensure a sustainable supply of minerals for the Nation?s future. 2. Understand the influence of mineral deposits, mineralizing processes, and mineral-resource development on environmental integrity, ecosystems, public health, and geologic hazards. 3. Provide objective information and analysis related to minerals issues to support those who make decisions regarding national security, land use, resource policy, and environmental or public health and safety. 4. Collect, compile, analyze, and disseminate data and develop and maintain national and international databases for timely release of information to users. 5. Apply mineral-resource expertise and technologies to non-mineral-resource issues. The MRP anticipates making awards in Fiscal Year 2004 from four or five applications submitted under this program announcement. The total amount of funding available for all awards is $200,000. Work performance under these awards must start before October 1, 2004, and the proposed work must be completed no later than one year from the start date. Awards will be made as either grants or cooperative agreements (for a cooperative agreement, substantial involvement is expected between the executive agency and the recipient when carrying out the activity contemplated in the agreement).
|Federal Grant Title:||Mineral Resources External Research Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Branch of Acquisition Grants|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||04HQPA0007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||U.S. Geological Survey_Research and Data Acquisition|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 14, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Mar 30, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 13, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jun 13, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications will be accepted from: universities, state agencies, tribal governments or organizations, and industry or other private sector groups that have the ability to conduct research that will meet one or more Mineral Resources Program goals identified in the ?Funding Opportunity Description? section.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Craig, Kathleen, Administrator, Phone 703-648-7349, Fax 703-648-7901, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Craig, Kathleen
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Agreement for CESU-affiliated Partner with Chesapeake Watershed Cooperative Ec...
- • Cooperative Agreement for affiliated Partner with Southern Appalachian Mountains Cooperati...
- • Cooperative Agreement for affiliated Partner with Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem S...
- • Cooperative Agreement for affiliated Partner with South Florida Caribbean Cooperative Ecos...
- • Cooperative Agreement for CESU-affiliated University with Rocky Mountain Cooperative Ecosy...
- • NSDI FY2003 Cooperative Agreement Program
- • Co-Sponsoring the 2006 Natural Areas Conference, Flagstaff, AZ
- • Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU)
- More Grants from the Branch of Acquisition Grants
- • National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program
- • EDMAP - The Educational Component of the National Cooperative Geologic Mapping Program
- • STATEMAP - The State Component of the National Cooperative Geologic Mapping Program
- • NSDI FY2003 Cooperative Agreement Program