Minority Faculty Fellowships
The summary for the Minority Faculty Fellowships grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Minority Faculty Fellowships: Minority Faculty Fellowship Program grants increase the number of under represented minority individuals who are members of the faculty in a health profession school. The grants enable schools to provide a stipend and a training allowance to the faculty fellow. Grantees must: (1) Identify, recruit and select individuals who are underrepresented racial minorities in the health professions for teaching, administration, or research positions at a health professions institution; (2)Provide such individuals with the skills necessary for tenured faculty positions, which may include training in pedagogy, program administration, design and conduct of research, grant writing, and the preparation of articles suitable for publication in peer review journals;(3)Assist individuals in preparation for an academic career by providing services such as counseling;and (4) Provide health services to rural or medically underserved populations. *This program is not included in the President's budget for 2008. Potential applicants for funds should consider this announcement provisional until final Congressional action is taken. Updated information will be available on the HRSA website.
|Federal Grant Title:||Minority Faculty Fellowships|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-08-060|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Disadvantaged Health Professions Faculty Loan Repayment (FLRP) and Minority Faculty Fellowship Program (MFFP)|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 14, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Oct 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Feb 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Schools of allopathic and osteopathic medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry, allied health, public health, podiatry, pharmacy, nursing, and graduate programs in behavioral and mental health. Schools of allopathic and osteopathic medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry, allied health, public health, podiatry, pharmacy, nursing, and graduate programs in behavioral and mental health.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
CallCenter@HRSA.GOV Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program
- • Opioid-Impacted Family Support Program
- • U5D MCH Pediatric Research Network Program (PedsRN)
- • U4D Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Pregnancy-Related Care Research Network (PRC-RN) Progr...
- • Emergency Medical Services for Children Innovation and Improvement Center