Minority Research Grant Program
The summary for the Minority Research Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Minority Research Grant Program: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Office of Minority Health (OMH) is announcing the availability of funds under the Minority Research Grant Program to test promising solutions that close gaps in disparities research. The purpose of the Grant Program is to support researchers investigating systems-level solutions to social determinants of health issues that affect patient experiences and readmissions and ultimately health outcomes. The Grant Program will provide two grant opportunities to support researchers at 1) Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), 2) Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), 3) Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs), or 4) Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). It combines two previously available funding opportunities for Hispanic health researchers and HBCUs under one grant program and expands eligibility to include AANAPISIs and TCUs. Through this one funding opportunity, the Minority Research Grant Program will make two awards to two different institutions from among these four types of eligible institutions (HBCU, TCU, HSI, or AANAPISI).
|Federal Grant Title:||Minority Research Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (HHS-CMS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1W1-18-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 16th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 16th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 8th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 8th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 15th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||May 8th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To be eligible, applicants must meet both of the following criteria: 1. Be a researcher at an HBCU, HSI, AANAPISI, or TCUs; and 2. Propose research focused on testing solutions to disparities that impact readmissions or patient experience among Blacks/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and/or American Indians and Alaskan Natives.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Minority Research Grant Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medicare Model Guidelines, Version 8
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Real Choice Systems Change Grant Building Sustainable Partnerships for Housing
- • SHIP 2004 Supplemental Long Term Care Grants
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services
- • Connecting Kids to Coverage (CKC) HEALTHY KIDS AI/AN
- • Substance Use Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients...
- • Medicare Model Guidelines, Version 8
- • Support for Ombudsman and Beneficiary Counseling Programs for States Participating in Fina...
- • PTN Direct Announcement