Minority Research Grant Program
The summary for the Minority Research Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Minority Research Grant Program: The purpose of the Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP) to assist CMS in accomplishing its research and design (R&D) functions, particularly with respect to improving access and services for minority and under-served Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, enhancing the capacity of individual investigators to participate in CMS’ R&D programs, and enhancing the institutional capacity of minority serving institutions to serve as effective partners in CMS’ programs. The target audiences of the grant program are external researchers focused on Social Determinants of Health, and the goal is to leverage their expertise to identify best practices for reducing health disparities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Minority Research Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (HHS-CMS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1W1-20-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 16th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 16th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||February 21st, 2020|
|Creation Date:||February 21st, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 16th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 4th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The CMS Office of Minority Health administers the Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP). The purpose of the grant program is to support researchers at minority serving institutions that are exploring how CMS can better meet the health care needs of racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, sexual and gender minorities, and rural populations. The three goals of MRGP are to: 1. Develop capacity at minority serving institutions to research health disparities and social determinants of health; 2. Understand the root cause of issues – processes, practices, behaviors, and burdens – that lead to health disparities and identify replicable interventions; and 3. Strengthen CMS programs by disseminating best practices uncovered through funded research.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Minority Research Grant Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medicare Model Guidelines, Version 8
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Real Choice Systems Change Grant Building Sustainable Partnerships for Housing
- • SHIP 2004 Supplemental Long Term Care Grants
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- • Community Health Access and Rural Transformation (CHART)
- • 2020 Supplemental Budget Request