Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP)
The summary for the Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP): The Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP), as authorized under Section 1110 of the Social Security Act, provides funding opportunities to support health equity research conducted at 1) Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), 2) Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), 3) Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs), or 4) Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). Through this funding opportunity, the Minority Research Grant Program will make awards to eligible institutions (HBCU, TCU, HSI, or AANAPISI) that are selected. A single institution may submit more than one application for consideration, providing that each application is scientifically distinct. The purpose of the MRPG is to support researchers at minority serving institutions that are exploring how CMS can better meet the health care needs of CMS beneficiaries. The MRGP supports research on the discovery and characterization of health processes, practices, behaviors, and burdens or issues related to CMS programs, policies, and operations, that influence health equity. Funded research may comprehensively address the social determinants of health that drive or influence the barriers and opportunities populations described above experience related to CMS-supported benefits, services, and coverage. By focusing onunderstanding how inequities in communities impact health, Funded research may also employ participatory methods that foster equitable engagement of affectedcommunities in research, such as convening and advisory board with community members, community-based organizations, and service providers.The three goals of the MRGP are to:1. Develop capacity at minority serving institutions to research health disparities and social determinants of health;2. Understand the root cause of issues – processes, practices, behaviors, and burdens – that lead to health disparities and identify replicable interventions; and3. Strengthen CMS programs by disseminating best practices uncovered through funded research.
|Federal Grant Title:||Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (HHS-CMS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1W1-22-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 3rd, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 3rd, 2022|
|Posted Date:||May 31st, 2022|
|Creation Date:||May 31st, 2022|
|Archive Date:||August 27th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$333,333|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||July 28th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Be a researcher at an AANAPISI, HBCU, HSI, or TCUs; and 2. Propose research focused on reducing health disparities, including methods to address the social determinants of health.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • Minority Research Grant Program
- • Medicare Model Guidelines, Version 8
- • SHIP 2004 Supplemental Long Term Care Grants
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services
- • Health Home for Children with Medically Complex Conditions
- • Health Home for Individuals with Chronic Conditions
- • Connecting Kids to Coverage HEALTHY KIDS American Indian/Alaska Native 2023 Outreach and E...
- • Connecting Kids to Coverage HEALTHY KIDS 2022 Outreach and Enrollment Cooperative Agreemen...
- • Money Follows the Person Demonstration Program