Mississippi Institute for Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Program
The summary for the Mississippi Institute for Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mississippi Institute for Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Program: The Mississippi Institute for Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Program is designed to address the many and significant health disparities faced by rural disadvantaged and minority populations throughout the state. This program is intended to demonstrate the effectiveness and efficiency of a targeted and multifaceted statewide approach for eliminating health disparities. The grant requires a multi-partner effort, involving institutions of higher education, state and local health agencies, faith and community-based organizations, healthcare organizations, and other stakeholders to tackle the state-wide challenge.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mississippi Institute for Improvement of Geographic Minority Health and Health Disparities Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OMH-MSIFI-06-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Programs to Improve Minority Health Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 14, 2006 To receive consideration, applicatio|
|Posted Date:||Jun 16, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 16, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Aug 13, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To qualify for funding, an applicant must be located in the State of Mississippi and must be a: (1) Health professions school or academic health center; or (2) Private nonprofit community-based, minority-serving organization which addresses health or human services; or (3) State or local government agency which addresses health or human services. This competition is limited to the State of Mississippi. Other entities that meet the definition of private non-profit community-based, minority-serving organization and the above criteria that are eligible to apply are: Faith-based organizations. Tribal governments and organizations. The organization submitting the application will: Serve as the lead agency for the project, responsible for its implementation and management; and Serve as the fiscal agent for the Federal grant awarded.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.Gov Help Desk
1-800-518-4726 firstname.lastname@example.org Grants.Gov Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Engagement in Sports: Collaboration to Improve Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutr...
- • OMH Hepatitis B Demonstration Grant Program
- • FY18 The National Lupus Training, Outreach, and Clinical Trial Education Program (Lupus Pr...
- • FY17 Empowered Communities for a Healthier Nation Initiative
- • FY17 American Indian/Alaska Native Health Equity Initiative
- • Community Programs to Improve Minority Health
- • Minority Community Health Partnership HIV/AIDS Demonstration Grants Program
- • 2007 Community Partnerships to Eliminate Health Disparities
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project