Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Systems (U01)
The summary for the Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Systems (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Systems (U01): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute for General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health, encourages Cooperative Agreement (U01) applications from institutions/organizations that propose to provide the U.S. scientific and public health communities better resources, knowledge, and tools to improve their ability to identify and prevent the spread of diseases resulting from the emergence or intentional release of pathogens and their products. Research projects will become part of the Models of Infectious Disease Agent Study (MIDAS) Network. This FOA is a reannouncement of a prior FOA (RFA GM-09-001). The MIDAS Network consists of a centralized information technology resource, a Centers of Excellence component and, with this announcement, the continuation of a network of multidisciplinary scientists conducting computational and mathematical research to improve the ability to detect, control, and prevent emerging infectious diseases caused by naturally occurring or intentionally released pathogens, including those relevant to biodefense.
|Federal Grant Title:||Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Systems (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-11-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 16, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 16, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...