Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
The summary for the Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention: The Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute (NCI), invites applications for new R01 grants to foster probing investigations that will define molecular targets for nutrients and further, connect those targets with phenotypic outcome in prostate cancer prevention. Candidate targets for examination should not only be influenced by a nutrient but also be closely linked to a significant proportion of prostate tumors, be relatively specific for prostate cancer across various genetic backgrounds, and be related to changes in tumor risk and/or behavior when modified. Investigators are encouraged to use in vitro and in vivo studies with various levels of target expression and to address confounding factors that influence the overall physiological response to changes in a given molecular target.
|Federal Grant Title:||Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-04-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Aug 16, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov Webmaster, NIH
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program (R03)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...