Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
The summary for the Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services: Project Description: Public lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) provide some of the most diverse outdoor recreation opportunities on Federal lands in the western United States. The BLMs Recreation and Visitor Services Program oversees a broad and complex set of recreation related programs, which provide a multitude of recreation opportunities and experiences. These recreation resources and visitor services support strong local economies and public land conservation. As BLM works to enhance recreational opportunities, we strive to remain a good neighbor and partner. The BLM manages recreation resources and visitor services to offer the greatest benefits possible to individuals and communities and to better enable communities to achieve their own desired social, economic, and environmental outcomes. BLM public lands once described as the lands nobody wanted are now recognized as Americas Great Outdoors, a Backyard to Backcountry treasure. They are uniquely accessible. More than 120 urban centers and thousands of rural towns are located within 25 miles of BLM lands.Expected Outcomes: 1. Increase and enhance access to public lands and waters.2. Increase and enhance hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities.3. Increase and enhance recreational shooting opportunities.4. Improve inventory, assessment and planning on public lands and waters.5. Improve management, administration, and monitoring of public lands and waters.6. Provide enriched visitor services, information, interpretation and education.7. Enhance community-supported partnerships in tourism and marketing.8. Protect visitor health and safety.9. Improve accessibility for persons with disabilities.10.Improve motorized and non-motorized trails including trail construction and maintenance, comprehensive travel and transportation inventory and assessment, planning management and monitoring. Public/BLM Benefits: The Recreation and Visitor Services Program provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities that benefit the public and local communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L20AS00078|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 5th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 5th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 7th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 7th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 7th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The following types of entities are eligible to apply for award under this FOA: 1. State, local government, Native American tribal organizations 2. Institution of Higher Education (IHE) 3. Independent School District 4. Private Institution of Higher Education 5. Nonprofit Organizations with 501C3 IRS Status 6. Nonprofit Organizations without 501C3 IRS Status
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Select the RELATED DOCUMENTS tab above to retrieve the Full Announcement and Application Instructions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Officer Brittney Linford (406) 896-5188
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • BLM CA Recreation and Visitor Services
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...