The summary for the Museum Operations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Engineer Research and Development Center, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Museum Operations: The U.S. Army Corps ofEngineers, Vicksburg District (USACE, MVK) develops and operates water resourceand public lands across portions of Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana andhas a major economic impact on the City of Vicksburg, MS. The Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi RiverMuseum (JBLMRM) is a popular tourist attraction in Vicksburg which provides educational andrecreational opportunity for visitors from around the world to learn about thelower Mississippi River, USACE, The Mississippi River Commission, and thehistory of Vicksburg, Mississippi. Its main objective is to further trainingand provide opportunities to educate the public about water resourcesdevelopment projects. It also provides asetting for multiple groups and municipalities to hold meetings. 33 USC 2339 Section213(a) of WRDA 2000 (Public Law 106-541; codified in 33 U.S.C. § 2339)authorizes USACE to enter into cooperative agreements with non-Federal publicand nonprofit entities for services relating to natural resources conservationor recreation management at USACE Civil Works projects. USACE seeks an opportunity to enterinto a cooperative agreement with a non-Federal public and nonprofit entitiesfor operations of the Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum (JBLMRM) andMotor Vessel Mississippi IV (MV/MS IV) in order to provide for numerouscommunity benefits. The cooperative agreementwill be awarded competitively to a non-Federal public or nonprofit entity withknowledge of managing museums or similar projects. The cooperativeagreement recipient (Recipient) shall provide personnel needed for facility maintenance, janitorial services, and daily operation of the museum.
|Federal Grant Title:||Museum Operations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Engineer Research and Development Center (DOD-COE-ERDC)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W912EE-19-FOA-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 30th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 30th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 1st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 1st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 29th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$58,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 30th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Anna Crawford
- Similar Government Grants
- • Natural Resource Management (NRM) Education and Training of Fern Ridge Lake, Eugene, OR Ar...
- • Natural Resource Management Education and Training Opportunities for Botanically Sophistic...
- • Natural Resource Management (NRM) Education and Training of High School Aged Youth in a Na...
- • FLTP Data Collection at Corps Facilities
- • Training and Educational Opportunities for Services Relating to Natural Resources Conserva...
- • Youth Conservation Services
- • Natural Resources Training and Education at Mill Creek
- • Diamondback Terrapin Monitoring
- More Grants from the Engineer Research and Development Center
- • 2019 ERDC Broad Agency Announcement
- • 2018 ERDC Broad Agency Announcement
- • 2017 Broad Agency Announcement
- • 2016 Broad Agency Announcement
- • Department of Defence Legacy Resource Management Program