NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U44)
The summary for the NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U44) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U44): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant applications from small business concerns (SBCs) that propose to implement investigator-initiated clinical trials related to the research mission of the NIAID. This program will utilize the cooperative agreement mechanism (U44) to enable support for hypothesis-driven, milestone-driven clinical trials. Although clinical trials not considered high-risk may be proposed, this program encourages high-risk clinical studies. High-risk does not imply human subject or patient risk, but rather defines a study that contains one or more of the following unique features: involves non-routine interventions, administration of an unlicensed product, or administration of a licensed product for an unapproved indication. Mechanistic studies are also encouraged and can be proposed under this program. However, not more than one clinical trial should be proposed within each grant application. The NIAID has a robust infrastructure for conducting clinical studies that includes independently managed resources provided through grants and contracts, as well as resources that are integrated within existing NIAID-supported clinical trial networks. Proposed clinical trials may use NIAIDs independent infrastructure for clinical studies, however, support will not be provided for studies that propose to use dedicated resources that are part of a NIAID-supported clinical trial network. A Commercialization Plan must be included that details plans for promoting further commercialization of the intervention/product/technology to be derived from or associated with the proposed clinical trial, including plans for promoting and establishing partnerships between the SBIR Phase II awardee and third-party investors and/or strategic partners.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U44)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-13-250|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 13, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 13, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jun 24, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 13, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Accelerating Discovery of Efficacious Pre-erythrocytic Stage Malaria Vaccines (U01 Clinica...
- • Understanding Phage Biology to Support the Development of Bacteriophage Therapy (R21 Clini...
- • Sustained Release of Antivirals for Treatment or Prevention of HIV (SRATP) (R01 Clinical T...
- • NIAID Career Transition Award (K22 Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells (MDSCs) as Potential Therapeutic Targets in TB/HIV (R01 C...
- • Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI)
- • Genomics of Transplantation Cooperative Research Program
- • Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...