NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21)
The summary for the NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21): The NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21) is intended to support both basic and clinical research from scientists who are beginning to establish an independent research career. It cannot be used for thesis or dissertation research. The research must be focused on one or more of the areas within the biomedical and behavioral scientific mission of the NIDCD: hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech, or language. The NIDCD ECR Award R21 grant mechanism supports different types of projects including secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; translational research; outcomes research; and development of new research technology. Irrespective of the type of project, the intent of the NIDCD ECR Award R21 is for the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) to obtain sufficient preliminary data for a subsequent R01 application.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-057|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 26, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 26, 2018|
|Posted Date:||Dec 11, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Dec 11, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Nov 26, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
City or township governments
Private institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Special district governments
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • BRAIN Initiative Fellows: Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Indiv...
- • Otolaryngology Residency Mentored Research Pathway (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Pilot resources for brain cell type-specific access and manipulation acr...
- • Assay development and screening for discovery of chemical probes, drugs or immunomodulator...
- • SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program Technical Assistance and Late St...
- • NIDCD Patient-Oriented Research Grant (R21)
- • Cell Lineage and Developmental Studies in Hearing and Balance
- • Structural Analyses of the Ligand-Binding Properties of Taste and Smell Receptors
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...