NIDCD Otopathology Research Collaboration Network (U24)
The summary for the NIDCD Otopathology Research Collaboration Network (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDCD Otopathology Research Collaboration Network (U24): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), National Institutes of Health (NIH) will promote timely human otopathology research relevant to new discoveries in genetics, physiology and disease. Emphasis is on collaborative infrastructure for research on human ear disorders, where a combined approach can optimize expertise from a few small laboratories, improve the targeted procurement and shared use of particular temporal bone tissues, and coordinate training of new otopathologists and technicians. A cooperative agreement will coordinate networking approaches from different temporal bone laboratories to maximize impact and novelty while avoiding duplicative efforts. Explicit collaborations to link modern biology, imaging, and informatics technologies with patient history and pathology will provide a new approach to otopathology. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the U24 award mechanism with Cooperative Agreements to form a Network from a few highly rated applications. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. For this funding opportunity, $1.5M has been set aside for total costs in FY2011, expecting three awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDCD Otopathology Research Collaboration Network (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DC-11-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Sep 10, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Sep 10, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jan 01, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research on biopsychosocial factors of social connectedness and isolation on health, wellb...
- • Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries (R21/R33 - Clini...
- • SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program Technical Assistance and Late St...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Non-Invasive Neuromodulation - New Tools and Techniques for Spatiotempor...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Development of Next Generation Human Brain Imaging Tools and Technologie...
- • NIDCD Patient-Oriented Research Grant (R21)
- • Cell Lineage and Developmental Studies in Hearing and Balance
- • Structural Analyses of the Ligand-Binding Properties of Taste and Smell Receptors
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...