NRCS Iowa Conservation Innovation Grants FY2013
The summary for the NRCS Iowa Conservation Innovation Grants FY2013 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the USDA NRCS Iowa State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NRCS Iowa Conservation Innovation Grants FY2013: For FY 2013, NRCS will consider proposals that demonstrate the use of innovative technologies and/or approaches to address at least one bulleted topic listed below. - Soil Health/Quality - Iowa Nutrient Management Strategy - Grassland Management - Drought Mitigation - Technology related to Establishing Cover Crops Innovative Conservation Projects or Activities For the purposes of CIG, the proposed innovative project or activity must encompass the development, demonstration, evaluation, implementation, and monitoring of: - Conservation adoption approaches or incentive systems; or - Promising conservation technologies, practices, systems, procedures, or approaches; or - Environmental soundness with goals of environmental protection and natural resource enhancement. To be given priority consideration, the innovative project or activity must comply with all federal, state, and local regulations throughout the duration of the project and should: - Make use of a proven technology or a technology that has been studied sufficiently to indicate a high probability for success; - Demonstrate and verify environmental (soil, water, air, plants, energy, and animal) effectiveness, utility, affordability, and usability of conservation technology in the field; - Adapt conservation technologies, management, practices, systems, procedures, approaches, and incentive systems to improve performance and encourage adoption; - Introduce conservation systems, approaches, and procedures from another geographic area or agricultural sector; or - Demonstrate transferability of knowledge.
|Federal Grant Title:||NRCS Iowa Conservation Innovation Grants FY2013|
|Federal Agency Name:||USDA NRCS Iowa State Office|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||69-6114-13|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 03, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 03, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 02, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- CIG applicants must be a Federally recognized Indian tribe, State or local unit of government, non-governmental organization, or individual.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Paul Goldsmith State CIG Program Manager Iowa NRCS State Office 210 Walnut St., STE 693 Des Moines, IA 50309 Phone: (515) 284-4353 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the USDA NRCS Iowa State Office
- • 2014 NRCS Iowa CIG
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Iowa
- • Wetland Restoration Assistance
- • Conservation Easement Boundary Survey Assistance