Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE) Activity
The summary for the Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE) Activity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the South Africa USAID Pretoria, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE) Activity: Through the Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Services (SAFE) activity, USAID aims to support the recipient's program to expand access to high quality lifelong biomedical intervention that will avert new HIV infections among young boys and men. Through key activities, the SAFE Recipient will support the Government of the Republic of Namibia (GRN) Ministry of Health and Social Services (MOHSS) and the private health sector in the delivery of high quality safe medical male circumcisions. SAFE will provide technical support for site-level and above-site interventions including technical leadership, service delivery, in-service training, quality management, policy and guidelines revision, domestic resource mobilization, communications and social mobilization, monitoring and evaluation for accelerated scale up of VMMC delivered in combination with other HIV prevention interventions. USAID envisions that communities will be engaged and empowered through routine advocacy, demand creation and social mobilization for male circumcision. Please see the full Notice of Funding Opportunity, which is provided as a PDF under the "Related Documents" tab, for more information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE) Activity|
|Federal Agency Name:||South Africa USAID Pretoria (USAID-SAF)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||72067319RFA00001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 22nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 22nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||December 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 21st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$18,070,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$16,070,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||December 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility under this request for applications is restricted local entities with respect to Namibia. Please see Section C of the full Notice of Funding Opportunity under the "Related Documents" tab for more information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Nathan L Piper
Phone +21 12 452 2361
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the South Africa USAID Pretoria
- • USAID/Namibia Key Populations - Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response for Sustai...
- • Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho
- • Local Partnerships for the Transformation of Water Annual Program Statement
- • Request for Information for USAID/Namibia Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response ...
- • Innovating for HIV Impact: The South African HIV Innovations Accelerator