National Center for Benefits Outreach & Enrollment
The summary for the National Center for Benefits Outreach & Enrollment grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Center for Benefits Outreach & Enrollment: This competitive funding opportunity will be for one cooperative agreement to fund the National Center for Benefits Outreach and Enrollment (NCBOE) which will provide technical assistance to States, AAAs, and other community service providers to provide outreach and benefits enrollment assistance, particularly to older individuals with greatest economic need, for Federal and state programs. The NCBOE was establish in 2006 when Congress amended the Older Americans Act with language directing AoA (now part of ACL) to work with an experienced entity to: (i) maintain and update web-based decision support and enrollment tools and integrated, person-centered systems designed to inform older individuals about the full range of benefits for which the individuals are eligible; (ii) utilize cost-effective strategies to find older individuals with greatest economic need and enroll the individual in the programs for with they are qualified; (iii) create and support efforts for Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs), and other public and private state and community -based organizations, including faith-based organizations and coalitions, to serve as benefit enrollment centers for the programs; (iv) develop and maintain an information clearinghouse on best practices and cost-effective methods for finding and enrolling older individuals with greatest economic need; and (v) provide training and technical assistance on effective outreach, screening, enrollment and follow-up strategies. In addition, the NCBOE grantee is expected to coordinate efforts to inform older Americans and beneficiaries with disabilities about the benefits available under Federal and state programs, with an emphasis on providing information on the Low-Income Subsidy and Medicare Savings Program benefits, and to serve as a technical assistance resource center for the MIPPA state grantees involving SHIPs, AAAs, ADRCs, and Benefits Enrollment Centers. The National Center for Benefits Outreach and Enrollment will be awarded as a single cooperative agreement with a federal share of up to $11,000,000 per year for a total project period of up to three (3) years contingent upon availability of federal funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Center for Benefits Outreach & Enrollment|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2017-ACL-CIP-MINC-0232|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 20th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 20th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 15th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 15th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 19th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$11,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 24th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Isaac Long
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Center for Benefits Outreach & Enrollment
- • National Center for Benefits Outreach and Enrollment - A MIPPA Resource Center
- • Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act: Medicare Savings Program, Low Income...
- • The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act: A National Resource Center
- • Affordable Care Act Medicare Beneficiary Outreach and Assistance Program Funding for Title...
- • Opportunity HHS-2009-AOA-MI-0903
- • Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act for Beneficiary Outreach and Assistan...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program