National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention (NCHHSTP) Public Health Conference Support
The summary for the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention (NCHHSTP) Public Health Conference Support grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention (NCHHSTP) Public Health Conference Support: The National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) maximizes public health and safety nationally and internationally through elimination, prevention, and control of disease, disability, and early death caused by HIV/AIDS, non-HIV retroviruses, viral hepatitis, other STDs, and TB. Its three overarching goals are to: (1) decrease incidence of infection with HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB; (2) decrease morbidity and mortality from HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB; and (3) decrease health disparities across groups affected by HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB. Timely dissemination of the newest information derived from recent scientific studies on these diseases and CDC recommendations is imperative, but often it is challenging to reach this goal. Conferences play an important role in addressing this gap. Nongovernmental and governmental organizations often wish to hold conferences to provide up-to-date information regarding the aforementioned diseases, but are prohibited by budgetary constraints. Limited resources for disseminating the latest health information and fostering community collaboration and partnerships impedes efforts to effectively reach and impact at-risk populations and persons serving them, thereby reducing the effectiveness of prevention and treatment efforts. In an effort to ease this burden, the purpose of this program is to provide partial support for specific non-Federal conferences focusing on topics that support CDC’s goals and recommendations related to HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, STDs, TB, and/or adolescent and school health.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculosis Prevention (NCHHSTP) Public Health Conference Support|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP (HHS-CDC-NCHHSTP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS18-1809|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 16th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 16th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||January 9th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||January 9th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||April 15th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 9th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Domestic institutions or organizations are eligible to apply for conference support. An individual is not eligible to receive a grant for conference support. Applicants must propose conferences that are specific to one or more of the "Focus Areas of Programmatic Interest" (HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, STD or TB prevention, and/or adolescent and school health). Applications that do not comply with this requirement will be determined non-responsive and will not be reviewed. The application must be for a single conference; applicants submitting more than one conference application or a series of conferences are not permitted under this announcement. Applications not complying with this requirement will be determined non-responsive and will not be reviewed. It is preferred that an applicant show its ability to build partnerships with other organization that can leverage funding to the conference. Applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to track and account for external funding sources, separate from those funds received from CDC. If applicable, the budget narrative should clearly indicate total conference costs, total supported by applicant, total supported by other sources, and total requested from CDC. Applicants that do not comply with this requirement will be determined to be non-responsive and will not be reviewed. Late applications will be considered non-responsive and will not be reviewed. The award ceiling for each component under Section B. Award Information is $400,000. CDC will not consider any application requesting an award higher than the specified amount.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Gustavo Aquino
- Similar Government Grants
- • Public Health Conference Support
- • National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Tuberculo...
- • National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Disease and Tuberculosis Pr...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • Tuberculosis Elimination and Laboratory Cooperative Agreement
- • Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United State...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program