National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program
The summary for the National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program: The Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection, and Restoration Act (Section 305, Title III, Public Law 101-646, 16 U.S.C. 3954) established the National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program to acquire, restore, and enhance wetlands in coastal States through competitive matching grants to State agencies. The primary goal of the National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program is the long-term conservation of coastal wetland ecosystems. In FY 2007, more than $18 million were awarded to 14 States to fund 25 individual projects. The final rule establishing the requirements for participation in the National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program was published in the Federal Register July 30, 2002 (67 FR 49264). Additional information about the Program is online at http://www.fws.gov/coastal/CoastalGrants. Coastal wetlands are valuable resources. They protect against flooding, help maintain water quality, and provide habitat for wildlife. Coastal environments are important economically, generating billions of dollars annually through such industries as commercial fishing and tourism. The National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program provides States with a means of protecting and restoring these valuable resources. Projects can include (1) acquisition of a real property interest (e.g., easement or fee title) in coastal lands or waters from willing sellers or partners (coastal wetlands ecosystems) for long-term conservation or (2) the restoration, enhancement, or management of coastal wetlands ecosystems for long-term conservation. Examples of restoration efforts that could be funded include: . Restoring wetland hydrology by plugging drainage ditches, breaking tile drainage systems, installing water control structures, dike construction, and re-establishing historic connections with waterways. . Planting native vegetation. . Removal of exotic plants and animals that compete with native fish and wildlife and alter their natural habitats. Ranking decisions are based on criteria published in title 50 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 84.32. Also see Attachment A to this announcement that clarifies select ranking criteria and addresses questions regarding 50 CFR Part 84.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CWG-08|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2007 Hard copy proposals are due to the R|
|Posted Date:||Feb 12, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Feb 12, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 13, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$16,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include any agency or agencies designated by the Governor of a coastal State. It is usually a State natural resource or fish and wildlife agency. Eligible coastal States are States bordering the Great Lakes (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin); States bordering the Atlantic, Gulf (except Louisiana), and Pacific coasts (Alabama, Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington); and American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christy Kuczak
Grant Management Specialist
Phone 703-358-1748 firstname.lastname@example.org Christy Kuczak
- Similar Government Grants
- • Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration
- • National Coastal Wetland Conservation Grant Program
- • Dressing Point Island Restoration
- • National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program Fiscal Year 2015
- • Fiscal Year 2014 National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program
- • National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program Notice of Availability of Federal Ass...
- • Sensitivity of Adult and Early Life Stage Tropical Corals to Metal Toxicity
- • Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection, and Restoration Act: National Coastal Wetlands Cons...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)