National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grants
The summary for the National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grants: The goal of the National Environmental Information Exchange Grant Program is to advance the National Environmental Information Exchange Network (Network) by encouraging State and Tribal environmental data integration efforts. The Network was created almost three years ago in an effort to integrate the environmental data management systems of the States, Tribes, and federal government by using the Internet and creating standardized information exchange formats. Completion of this integrated network will enable fast and timely sharing of environmental information from across the country and improve our ability to more effectively distribute that information to the public. The Network supports one of the major goals of the President's Management Agenda for E-Government by helping create a seamless, citizen-centered government. The Network uses technologies and approaches that are found in E-commerce and provides an alternative to the historic approaches for exchanging data that rely upon data being processed directly to multiple EPA national data systems. Ultimately, network participants will house information on their own nodes or portals where it will be available upon authorized request. EPA and the Environmental Council of the States have developed the Network Implementation Plan and the Network Blueprint that further explain the goals and operating principles for the Network. The Network Implementation Plan describes in detail the activities and mechanisms that must be developed to operate and manage the Network; the Network Blueprint document describes the foundation for the Network Implementation Plan. Both documents can be accessed at: http://www.epa.gov/neengprg/library/. The President's fiscal year (FY) 2003 budget includes $25 million for this grant program. Subject to availability of appropriations for this purpose, EPA plans to select, through a competitive process, grant proposals that will be awarded to States, the District of Columbia, Trust Territories (referred to as States in the remainder of this guidance), and Federally Recognized Indian Tribes (referred to as Tribes in the remainder of this guidance) for capacity building capabilities for Network participation. Tribes will receive funds from a designated set-aside pool of resources. A designated set-aside of funds will also support the Network Administration for States and Tribes. This notice sets forth the process that will be used for selecting proposals and forms necessary to prepare a proposal.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-GRANTS-011303-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Information Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 18, 2003 Submit proposals by mail or courier|
|Posted Date:||Jan 17, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Mar 20, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 20, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- McMoran, Scott, Special Assistant, Phone 202-564-5376, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org McMoran, Scott
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2020 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- • FY 2019 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- • Tribal Support For Particpation In The National Environmental Information Exchange Network
- • Fy 2018 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- • Fiscal Year 2017 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2006 Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- • FY 2005 Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program Solicitation Notice
- • Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • National Priorities: Evaluation of Pollutants in Biosolids
- • Early Career: Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildlan...
- • Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildland Fire Smoke E...
- • Puget Sound Action Agenda – Implementation Strategies and Actions for Vital Sign Rec...
- • Center for Early Lifestage Vulnerabilities to Environmental Stressors