National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards
The summary for the National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards: The National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards (TERA) program is authorized in section 1417(i) of NARETPA (7 U.S.C. 3152(i)) amended by Section 7108 of P.L. 110-246. The Secretary of Agriculture, has delegated the authority to administer the program to NIFA. the annual (TERA) that honors excellence in College or University Teaching.The purpose of TERA award is to recognize and promote excellence in teaching, extension, and research in the food and agricultural sciences at a college or university. The Secretary is required to make at least 1 cash award in each fiscal year to a nominee selected by the Secretary for excellence in each of the areas of teaching, extension, and research of food and agricultural science at a college or university.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-OP-006741|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 15th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 15th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 15th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may only be submitted by 1862 land-grant institutions, an institution eligible to receive funds under the Act of July 2, 1862 as amended (7 U.S.C. 301 et seq.). Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award. For those new to Federal financial assistance, a grants overview page is available on the NIFA website. This page includes information about free Grants 101 Training and other resources that are highly recommended for those seeking an understanding of Federal awards.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Network
- • Military Families Learning Network
- • Youth Support and Internship Program (YSIP)
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension
- • AgrAbility
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension Program
- • Iraq Agricultural Extension Revitalization Project
- • Assistive Technology Program for Farmers with Disabilities: State and Regional AgrAbility ...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications