National Needs Graduate Fellowships Program
The summary for the National Needs Graduate Fellowships Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Needs Graduate Fellowships Program: The fellowships supported through the Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship Grants Program (NNF) are intended to encourage outstanding students to pursue and complete graduate degrees in critical areas of national need, through graduate programs at eligible institutions. The fellowship support through this NNF program for graduate training provides a student stipend and a cost-of-education allowance to the institution. For the FY 2008 award cycle CSREES intends to support graduate Fellowship training grants for both Masters and doctoral levels of study. Also, Special International Study or Thesis/Dissertation Research Travel Allowances (IRTA) awards will provide support for eligible USDA Fellows to conduct thesis/dissertation research or to undertake studies at sites outside of the United States. IRTA awards for eligible USDA Fellows will only be available as provided for within this announcement. Post-doctoral Fellowships will not be awarded, under this grant announcement.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Needs Graduate Fellowships Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-HEP-001404|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 08, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 17, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 17, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 09, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$258,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$4,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted by: (1) land-grant institutions, (2) colleges and universities having significant minority enrollments and a demonstrable capacity to carry out the teaching of food and agricultural sciences, and (3) other colleges and universities having a demonstrable capacity to carry out the teaching of food and agricultural sciences. Research foundations maintained by an eligible college or university are eligible to submit graduate training proposals under this Request for Application. Individual students may NOT apply to this program to support their graduate training. Applicants should be institutions that confer a graduate degree in at least one of the Targeted Expertise Shortage Areas. Awards are made to eligible colleges and universities. Individuals seeking support to further their graduate education are not eligible to apply for these grants.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays firstname.lastname@example.org For questions regarding this RFA
- Similar Government Grants
- • Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship
- • Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship (NNF)
- • Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship (NNF) G...
- • National Needs Graduate Fellowships Grants Program
- • Food And Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects