Native Hawaiian Health Care
The summary for the Native Hawaiian Health Care grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Native Hawaiian Health Care: The Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act (NHHCIA), as amended (42 USC Sec. 11705 and 11706), states that "it is the policy of the United States in fulfillment of its special responsibilities and legal obligations to the indigenous people of Hawaii ... to 1) raise the health status of Native Hawaiians to the highest possible health level; and 2) proivde existing Native Hawaiian health care programs with all necessary to effectuate this policy"(see 42USC Sec. 11702(a)). The NHHCIA authorizes funding opportunities for the following related activities: 1)Service grant to Papa Ola Lokahi (POL) for the activities described in the NHHCIA, including the coordination of the health care programs and services provided to Native Hawaiians; and/or 2) Service grants to the five recognized community-based Native Hawaiian Health Care Systems to provide a full range of services identified by the legislation and tailored to fit the needs of their respective island communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Native Hawaiian Health Care|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-123|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Native Hawaiian Health Systems|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Apr 11, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Apr 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 30, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,280,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An application will be considered eligible if it meets all of the specific eligibility requirements. Applications that do not meet all of the following eligibility requirements will be returned to the applicant, which may lead to a delay in funding. To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be one of the following six organizations: * Ho'ola Lahui Hawaii * Hui Malama Ola Na Oiwi * Hui No Ke Ola Pono * Ke Ola Mamo * Na Pu'uwai * POL - for activities described in 42 USC ?? 11704 and 11706. An application will be considered eligible if it meets all of the specific eligibility requirements. Applications that do not meet all of the following eligibility requirements will be returned to the applicant, which may lead to a delay in funding. To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be one of the following six organizations: * Ho'ola Lahui Hawaii * Hui Malama Ola Na Oiwi * Hui No Ke Ola Pono * Ke Ola Mamo * Na Pu'uwai * POL - for activities described in 42 USC ?? 11704 and 11706.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
CallCenter@HRSA.GOV Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act
- • Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care