Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Program competition for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2020
The summary for the Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Program competition for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2020 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Program competition for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2020: U.S. Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is announcing the availability of up to $50 million in Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Program (VPA-HIP) funding to create or enhance State and Tribal Government programs that encourage owners and operators of privately held farm, ranch, and forest land to voluntarily make that land available for access by the public for hunting, fishing, and other wildlife-dependent recreation. VPA-HIP is a competitive grants program and only State and Tribal Governments may apply. Projects may be up to three years in duration. The maximum amount for a single award is $3 million. Up to 25 percent of the funding for each award may be used to provide incentives to improve wildlife habitat on enrolled public access program lands. Applications must be submitted electronically through Grants.gov by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 27, 2019. A webinar for potential VPA-HIP applicants is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on October 10, 2019. For more information, please see the Full Opportunity Announcement in the Related Documents tab of this opportunity.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Program competition for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2020|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NHQ-VPA-HIP-19-GEN0010429|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 27th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 27th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 27th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 27th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 27th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 27th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Grant Announcement Contact
NRCS Projects Branch
- Similar Government Grants
- • Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Program
- • Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Prg
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’ Feral Swine Eradication and Control Pilot...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’s Regional Conservation Partnership Progra...
- • NRCS easement programs restoration and stewardship assistance.
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...