Novel Technology Tools to Facilitate Research Using Next Generation Patient-derived Cancer Models (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Novel Technology Tools to Facilitate Research Using Next Generation Patient-derived Cancer Models (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Novel Technology Tools to Facilitate Research Using Next Generation Patient-derived Cancer Models (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): Through this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) will support the development of technology, tools that will facilitate, accelerate, and/or enhance research using advanced human-derived next generation cancer models, such as organoids, conditionally reprogrammed cells, and others. The studies proposed under this FOA must focus entirely on the next generation cancer models developed under the auspices of an international consortium with NCI participation, Human Cancer Models Initiative. "Technology tools" to be developed under this FOA may include new and/or optimized laboratory methods, reagents/reference materials, agents for NGCMs perturbation or screening read-outs, and/or software/bioinformatics tools for data processing and/or facilitated/enhanced interpretations. (The development of new hardware/equipment will not be supported). The proposed technology tools are expected to a) facilitate the utilization of the cancer models, e.g., in terms of increasing robustness, rigor, and/or reproducibility, b) enable advanced interpretations of experiments in which these model are used, c) design and test CRISPR reagents for all cancer and NGCM types, and d) develop robust approaches to method standardization, quality assurance/control, etc., that could serve as routine workflows/best practices for use in wide range of laboratories. The collective outcomes of projects under this FOA should facilitate the adoption of NGCMs by the research community and expedite sharing and validating of NGCMs-derived results. The new tools and broader use of NCGMs are expected to contribute to the progress in such areas as the identification of novel therapeutic targets, mechanisms of resistance, development of diagnostic and/or predictive biomarkers, and other aspects relevant to precision oncology. This FOA is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer Moonshot SM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. Specifically, this F
|Federal Grant Title:||Novel Technology Tools to Facilitate Research Using Next Generation Patient-derived Cancer Models (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-19-055|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.353, 93.394, 93.395, 93.396|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 30th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 30th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 28th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 28th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 5th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 28th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...