Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
The summary for the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP): This announcement solicits applications for the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP). The purpose of this program is to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty by providing funding to accredited schools of nursing. The NFLP is a loan forgiveness program designed to prepare and train qualified nurse educators to fill faculty vacancies and increase the number of trained nurses entering the workforce. This goal is accomplished by supporting schools of nursing that prepare students to serve as nurse faculty. Schools (herein referenced as institutions) are required to recruit, train and retain students in select nursing degree programs of study that uniquely qualify them to become nurse faculty; to create, implement, and maintain effective strategies that assist graduates in obtaining full-time faculty employment; and to create and manage a loan forgiveness program with a revolving loan fund component. Improved placement of graduates in full-time faculty positions will reduce nurse faculty vacancy rates, which positively impacts nursing workforce supply.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-17-066|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 14th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 14th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||September 15th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 15th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||January 13th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$24,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||90|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||September 15th, 2016|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are public or private nonprofit accredited schools of nursing offering educator coursework as part of an advanced education nursing degree program(s) that prepares students to serve as nurse faculty. For profit entities are not eligible under this FOA. Only applicants in the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau are eligible to apply under this funding opportunity announcement. Federally recognized Indian Tribal Government and Tribal Organizations may apply if they are otherwise eligible. Foreign entities are not eligible under this FOA. Schools of Nursing School of nursing programs must be accredited by a national nurse education accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, for institutions with nurse-midwifery programs, nurse anesthesia programs, or both, additional accreditation documentation is required. Accreditation must be clearly documented with a copy of the institution's current letter of accreditation as Attachment 1 with this application. (See additional information in Section IV.2.vi Attachments.) Institutions must offer an accredited master's or doctoral (DNP, DNS or PhD) degree program in nursing with a nurse educator track or focus area. Post-nursing master's certificate programs and Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) programs are not eligible for NFLP funding. NFLP Participants An NFLP participant (student borrower) must be a citizen of the United States, a non-citizen national, or a foreign national having in his/her possession a visa permitting permanent residence in the United States. Individuals on temporary student visas are not eligible participants and may not receive NFLP support.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact CDR Tara A. Cozzarelli at (301)443-0791 or email email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nurse Faculty Loan Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care