Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
The summary for the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP): This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP). The purpose of this 1-year funding opportunity is to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty. This NOFO seeks to accomplish this by providing funding to accredited schools of nursing to offer loans to students who will work to become nurse faculty. Students must be enrolled in advanced education nursing degree programs, as advanced nursing degree programs are best suited to produce nurse faculty. In exchange for full-time, post-graduation employment as nurse faculty, the program authorizes cancelation of up to 85 percent of any such loan (plus interest thereon).
|Federal Grant Title:||Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-19-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 28th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 28th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||September 28th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||September 28th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||January 27th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$26,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||90|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||September 28th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are accredited schools of nursing. Any school(s) of nursing affiliated with this application must be accredited at the time of application – and for the duration of the award – by a national agency approved by the Secretary of Education for nurse education accreditation. Applicants must submit official documentation of accreditation in Attachment 1 for all affiliated nursing programs. Eligible applicants must be located in the United States, Guam, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Republic of Palau. Tribes and Tribal organizations may apply for these funds, if otherwise eligible. Foreign entities are not eligible for this HRSA award. Individuals are not eligible to apply. For competing continuation (renewal) applicants, your institution's default rate status may be considered in determining future NFLP award decisions. Competing continuation applicants that are above the default rate threshold (greater than five (5) percent) may be deemed ineligible for future funding or be subject to additional penalties, up to and including, award termination.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Deitra Scott at (301)945-3113 or email email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nurse Faculty Loan Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care