Nursing Workforce Diversity
The summary for the Nursing Workforce Diversity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nursing Workforce Diversity: This program is authorized under Title VIII, Section 821 of Public Health Service Act; 42 U.S.C. 296m. This announcement solicits grant applications for the Nursing Workforce Diversity (NWD) Program. Grants are awarded to eligible applicants to increase nursing education opportunities for individuals who are from disadvantaged backgrounds, including racial and ethnic minorities underrepresented among registered nurses, through projects that incorporate retention, pre-entry preparation, and student scholarships and/or stipends. Applicants are required to address all three program components (retention, pre-entry preparation, student stipends/scholarships) during each year of the project. The project must include a cohort of nursing students who, within the three-year award period, will graduate and be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN or obtain a baccalaureate degree in Nursing, if already licensed as registered nurses.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nursing Workforce Diversity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-042|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Workforce Diversity|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 20, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 20, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 20, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 21, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 21, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,980,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||23|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are schools of nursing, nursing centers, academic health centers, State or local governments, tribes and tribal organizations and other private or public entities determined appropriate by the Secretary, including faith-based and community-based organizations. Schools of nursing providing undergraduate education and formal degree programs must be accredited by a national nurse education accrediting agency or State approval agency recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nursing Workforce Diversity (NWD) Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care