OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program
The summary for the OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program: OJP is committed to advancing work that promotes civil rights and racial equity, increases access to justice, supports crime victims and individuals impacted by the justice system, strengthens community safety and protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community. OJJDP's guiding philosophy is to enhance the welfare of America's youth and broaden their opportunities for a better future. To bring these goals to fruition, OJJDP is leading efforts to transform the juvenile justice system into one that will Treat Children as Children; Serve Children at Home, With Their Families, in their Communities; and Open Up Opportunities for System-Involved Youth. OJJDP encourages all proposed applications that work with youth to highlight how the proposed program aligns with these priorities. OJJDP envisions a juvenile justice system centered on the strengths, needs, and voices of youth and families. Young people and family members with lived experience are vital resources for understanding and reaching persons involved or at risk of involvement with youth-serving systems. OJJDP asks stakeholders to join us in sustainably integrating bold, transformative youth and family partnership strategies into our daily work. OJJDP believes in achieving positive outcomes for youth, families, and communities through meaningful engagement and active partnerships, ensuring they play a central role in collaboratively developing solutions. Applicants must describe how their proposed project/program will integrate and sustain meaningful youth and family partnerships into their project plan and budget. Depending on the nature of an applicant's proposed project, youth and family partnership could consist of one or more of the following: Individual-level partnership in case planning and direct service delivery (before, during, and after contact with youth-serving systems). Agency-level partnership (e.g., in policy, practice, and program development, implementation, and evaluation; staffing; advisory bodies; budget development). System-level partnership (e.g., in strategic planning activities, system improvement initiatives, advocacy strategies, reform efforts). OJJDP's Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program encourages collaboration between state agencies, local government, and community- and faith-based organizations to address the challenges that reentry and recidivism reduction pose for moderate- to high-risk youth returning to their communities from juvenile residential or correctional facilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention (USDOJ-OJP-OJJDP)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||O-OJJDP-2023-171707|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 23rd, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 23rd, 2023|
|Posted Date:||April 4th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||April 4th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||May 2nd, 2024|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,251,817|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||16|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 4th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact the OJP Response Center at 800-851-3420, 301-240-6310 (TTY for hearing-impaired callers only), or firstname.lastname@example.org. The OJP Response Center operates from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern time (ET) Monday-Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET on the solicitation close date.
For information related to unforeseen technical issues beyond the control of the applicant and that impact submission, see the "How to Apply" section, Experiencing Unforeseen Technical Issues.
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 23 Smart Reentry: Expanding Jail Programs and Services
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Community-based Reentry Incubator Initiative
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Community-Based Reentry Program
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Program
- • BJA FY 23 Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in R...
- • Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects
- • FY 2010 Second Chance Act Mentoring Grants to Nonprofit Organizations
- • BJA FY 10 Second Chance Act State, Local, and Tribal Reentry Courts
- More Grants from the Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention
- • OJJDP FY 2023 Multistate Mentoring Programs Initiative
- • OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Addressing the Needs of Incarcerated Parents and Their Min...
- • OJJDP FY 2023 AMBER Alert Training and Technical Assistance Program
- • OJJDP FY 2023 Mentoring Programs for Youth in the Juvenile Justice System
- • OJJDP FY 2023 Invited to Apply - Administrative Funding Adjustment to Previously Funded Aw...