OVW FY 2013 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program
The summary for the OVW FY 2013 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office on Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW FY 2013 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program: The Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program (Tribal Coalitions Program) assists nonprofit organizations to build Indian leadership and capacity in tribal communities to advocate for systemic change that will enhance the safety of women in an Indian Tribe. Tribal Coalition nonprofit organizations have accomplished this through technical assistance, expanding the capacity of the tribal coalitions, developing or enhancing appropriate standards for tribal governments, tribal nonprofit organizations , tribal organizations , victim services and victim service providers to increase the ability of these entities to address sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.In the Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2000 (VAWA 2000), Congress first authorized resources for the development and operation of nonprofit, nongovernmental tribal domestic violence and sexual assault coalitions. Today, there are 19 established Tribal Coalitions. These Tribal Coalitions are made up of members from tribal sexual assault and domestic violence programs, as well as individual women and men who are committed to ending violence against Indian women in their tribal communities.NOTE: In Fiscal Year 2013, OVW will combine the funding and application process for two discretionary grant programs into one solicitation: (1) Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program, (42, U.S.C § 3796gg(d)(2)); and (2) Sexual Assault Services Program (42 U.S.C. §14043g(d)(3)(A), as previously combined in Fiscal Years 2009, 2010, and 2012.For additional information on the Tribal Coalitions Program including what past Tribal Coalitions Program grantees have accomplished with their grant funds and to view the Tribal Coalitions Program performance measures, see http://muskie.usm.maine.edu/vawamei/tribalcoalitionsmain.htm.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW FY 2013 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office on Violence Against Women|
|Grant Categories:||Education Law Justice and Legal Services Other|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVW-2013-3408|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 14, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 14, 2013|
|Archive Date:||May 25, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$314,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Tribal Coalitions
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lorraine P. Edmo Phone (202) 307-6026
Lorraine P. Edmo [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW FY 2014 Grants to Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program
- • FY 2012 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2011 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition Program
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2010 Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program & Spec...
- • OVW - Recovery Act Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assualt Coalitions Program
- • OVW FY 07 Grants to Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions
- • Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program
- • OVW - Grants to Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions Program
- More Grants from the Office on Violence Against Women
- • OVW FY 2019 Resource Center on Workplace Response to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, S...
- • OVW 2019 Alaska Full Faith and Credit Training and Technical Assistance Request for Concep...
- • OVW FY 2019 Measuring Success in the Criminal Justice System's Response to Domestic/Dating...
- • OVW FY 2019 National Indian Country Clearinghouse on Sexual Assault (NICCSA) Call for Conc...
- • OVW FY 2019 Training and Technical Assistance Initiative