OVW FY 2017 Justice for Families Program
The summary for the OVW FY 2017 Justice for Families Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office on Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW FY 2017 Justice for Families Program: The Grants to Support Families in the Justice System program (referred to as the Justice for Families Program) was authorized in the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA) of 2013 to improve the response of all aspects of the civil and criminal justice system to families with a history of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking, or in cases involving allegations of child sexual abuse. The program supports the following activities for improving the capacity of communities and courts to respond to families affected by the four crimes: court-based and court-related programs; supervised visitation and safe exchange by and between parents; training and technical assistance for people who work with families in the court system; civil legal services; provision of resources in juvenile court matters; and development or promotion of legislation, model codes, policies, and best practices.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW FY 2017 Justice for Families Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office on Violence Against Women (USDOJ-OJP-OVW)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services Other|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVW-2017-11923|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 12th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 12th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||December 1st, 2016|
|Creation Date:||December 1st, 2016|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$550,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||21|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 2nd, 2016|
- Category Explanation
- The Justice for Families Program supports projects to improve the response of all aspects of the civil and criminal justice system to families with a history of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking, or in cases involving allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- States, units of local government, courts (including juvenile courts), Indian tribal governments, nonprofit organizations, legal services providers, and victim service providers
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Solicitation
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie Aldrich
Grant Program Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW FY 2019 Justice for Families Program Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2018 Justice for Families Program Solicitation
- • OVW FY 2016 Justice for Families Program
- • OVW FY 2015 Justice for Families Program
- • OVW FY 2014 Justice for Families Program: Domestic Violence Mentor Court Initiative Solici...
- • OVW FY 2014 Justice for Families Program
- More Grants from the Office on Violence Against Women
- • OVW FY 2019 Resource Center on Workplace Response to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, S...
- • OVW 2019 Alaska Full Faith and Credit Training and Technical Assistance Request for Concep...
- • OVW FY 2019 Measuring Success in the Criminal Justice System's Response to Domestic/Dating...
- • OVW FY 2019 National Indian Country Clearinghouse on Sexual Assault (NICCSA) Call for Conc...
- • OVW FY 2019 Training and Technical Assistance Initiative